Thursday, December 01, 2011

DIY: Advent calendar.


I know I'm a little bit late but I wanted to post my advent calendar. I had this idea in mind and wanted to do an advent calendar, but slightly different; since it was for a "grown-up"  (grown-up only when he wants, hehe).


I didn't come with the whole idea at the same time, I was looking for some small "boxes" to fit my messages inside, so I was so happy when I saw these colorful paper gems from Minieco (this amazing blog!). She explains how to do these small artworks and you can download the templates; so I couldn't resist!
There are three different gems, so I printed them out in white craft paper, cut and glued. 


I just let one piece opened in order to put the message inside, sealed it with different black, grey and white washi tapes, and wrote the numbers.


Then I built a box made of white foam board. It was 20x20x11cm, and I joined the pieces with washi tape (matching the ones of the little gems). Then I made a cap, placed all the gems inside and work was done!


I wanted a more "serious" look, not so girly, so I assumed white, grey and black would be the best tones to make the whole project; that pop of bright yellow just added a little bit of life.
I love how all these little boxes look together, and how can they ressemble at white snowflakes.



Images by Muffins in my backpack.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is so beautiful and must have taken a lot of patience! What kind of messages were put in the boxes?

Edna Siu said...

It is beautiful and hearty project.

Anonymous said...

Wow, you have done many of those it should have taken a lot of time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...